Terms of Service for MegaMindsJuly 3, 2023
MegaMinds is a real-time communications platform for Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Desktop, Laptop, Mobile, or however else you use the internet for educational purposes.
These Terms of Service explain your rights and responsibilities when you use MegaMinds.
2. Communications and ContentMegaMinds allows users to send information (such as audio, video, text, images, 3D models, and scenes) to other users. The Edit Mode allows users to arrange 3D models into Rooms that can appear in MegaMinds.
When you submit information to MegaMinds, you continue to own the rights to your content. You grant us a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable, and sublicensable license to use, copy, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display that information, audio, video, images, or 3D models for the purpose of operating MegaMinds. You also agree that we may remove metadata associated with the information or data you submit.
You also represent and warrant that you have the authority to grant MegaMinds all rights and permissions necessary for the operation of MegaMinds.Any ideas, suggestions, and feedback about MegaMinds that you provide to us are entirely voluntary, and you agree that MegaMinds may use such ideas, suggestions, and feedback without compensation or obligation to you.
You are solely responsible for the information you send, create, or edit using MegaMinds, and the consequences of sending, creating, or editing that information.
3. Conditions of UseYou may not use any of MegaMinds services to:
- Do anything illegal or otherwise violate applicable law,- Threaten, harass, or violate the privacy rights of others; send unsolicited communications; or intercept, monitor, or modify communications not intended for you,- Harm users such as by using viruses, spyware or malware, worms, trojan horses, time bombs or any other such malicious codes or instructions,- Deceive, mislead, defraud, phish, or commit or attempt to commit identity theft,- Engage in or promote illegal gambling,- Degrade, intimidate, incite violence against, or encourage prejudicial action against someone or a group based on age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, geographic location or other protected category,- Exploit or harm children,- Sell, purchase, or advertise illegal or controlled products or services,- Upload, download, transmit, display, or grant access to content that includes graphic depictions of sexuality or violence,- Collect or harvest personally identifiable information without permission. This includes, but is not limited to, account names and email addresses,- Engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts Mozilla’s services or products (or the servers and networks which are connected to Mozilla’s services),- Violate the copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property rights of others,- Violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity,- You may not use any MegaMinds service in a way that violates the Terms of Service or license that applies to the particular service. You also may not sell, resell, or duplicate any MegaMinds product or service without written permission from MegaMinds.- These are only examples. You should not consider this a complete list, and we may update the list from time to time. MegaMinds reserves the right to remove any content or suspend any users that it deems in violation of these conditions.- MegaMinds reserves the right to remove any content, suspend any users, and shut down any world it reasonably believes has violated these conditions.
4. MegaMinds' RightsMegaMinds does not grant you any intellectual property rights in MegaMinds unless these Terms specifically say otherwise. For example, these Terms do not provide the right to use any of MegaMinds’ copyrights, trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names, or other distinctive brand features.
5. User Subscriptions and Corporate Subscriptions 5.1 User SubscriptionsBy purchasing a subscription to MegaMinds ("Subscription"), you agree to an initial and recurring Subscription fee at the then-current Subscription rate, and you accept responsibility for all recurring charges until you cancel your subscription. You may cancel your Subscription at any time, subject to the terms of our cancellation policy.
Automatic renewal terms: Unless you notify MegaMinds before the end of your current Subscription period that you want to cancel or do not want to auto renew, you understand your Subscription will automatically continue and you authorize us (without notice to you, unless required by applicable law) to collect the then-applicable Subscription fee using any payment method we have on record for you.
5.2 School or Business SubscriptionsFor School or Business Subscriptions, the authorized administrator of the institution or business ("Administrator") is responsible for all use of the Subscription within the entity. The Administrator agrees to provide accurate information for all users associated with the entity, and represents that they have all necessary permission to bind the entity to these terms.
The Administrator is also responsible for ensuring that all users understand and comply with the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service. Any breach by any user affiliated with the entity shall be considered a breach by the entity.
The Administrator understands that the Subscription will automatically renew in the same way as individual user Subscriptions, unless the Administrator notifies MegaMinds before the end of the current Subscription period that the entity wishes to cancel or does not want the Subscription to auto renew.
5.3 Cancellation PolicyTo cancel your Subscription, you may do so through your account settings. If you cancel your Subscription, the cancellation will take effect at the end of the current Subscription period, and you will have continued access to your Subscription for the remainder of that period.
Please note that MegaMinds does not provide refunds for any partial-month subscription periods or unused portions of annual subscriptions. This applies to all individual user subscriptions, school subscriptions, and business subscriptions.
5.4 Changes to Subscription termsMegaMinds may change the price for the Subscriptions from time to time, and will communicate any price changes to you in advance and, if applicable, how to accept those changes. Price changes will take effect at the start of the next subscription period following the date of the price change. By continuing to use MegaMinds after the price change takes effect, you accept the new price.
6. Services Interruption; Term; TerminationWe are continuing to develop MegaMinds. As a result, we plan to upgrade and change them over time. To do this, we might have to temporarily suspend their service and it is not always possible for us to give notice. You will not be entitled to claim expenses or damages for such suspension or limitation of the use of MegaMinds.
These Terms apply to your use of MegaMinds and will continue to apply until ended by either you or upon notice from MegaMinds. You can choose to end them at any time for any reason by discontinuing your use of MegaMinds.
We may cut off your access to MegaMinds, either temporarily or permanently at any time for any reason. This includes, but is not limited to, situations where we reasonably believe: (i) you have violated these Terms (ii) you create risk or possible legal exposure for MegaMinds; or (iii) providing and operating MegaMinds is no longer commercially viable. If possible, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you through MegaMinds.
In all such cases, these Terms shall terminate, including, without limitation, your license to use MegaMinds, except that the sections with the following titles shall continue to apply: Indemnification, Disclaimer; Limitation of Liability and Miscellaneous.
7. IndemnificationYou agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless MegaMinds, and its respective parent and affiliate companies, contractors, contributors, licensors, partners, directors, officers, employees and agents ("Indemnified Parties") from and against any and all third party claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of or related to your use of MegaMinds. This includes, but is not limited to, claims and expenses from any content you transmit, edit, or create using MegaMinds.
8. Disclaimer; Limitation of LiabilityTHE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITH ALL FAULTS. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE INDEMNIFIED PARTIES, HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES THAT THE SERVICES ARE FREE OF DEFECTS, MERCHANTABLE, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGING.YOU BEAR THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SELECTING THE SERVICES FOR YOUR PURPOSES AND AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE RISK THAT YOUR CONTENT IS DELETED OR CORRUPTED. THIS LIMITATION WILL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY REMEDY. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THIS DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.EXCEPT AS REQUIRED BY LAW, THE INDEMNIFIED PARTIES, WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT AND INDIRECT DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, AND COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY (CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) UPON WHICH SUCH CLAIM IS BASED. THE COLLECTIVE LIABILITY OF THE INDEMNIFIED PARTIES, UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL NOT EXCEED $500 (FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS). SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Modifications to These TermsMegaMinds may update these Terms from time to time. We will post the updated Terms online. If the changes are substantive, we may announce the update through MegaMinds’ usual channels for such announcements such as blog posts, forums, or in the particular service itself, in this case: MegaMinds.
Your continued use of MegaMinds after we post the new Terms constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms. To make your review more convenient, we will post an effective date at the top of this page.
10. MiscellaneousThese Terms make up the entire agreement between you and MegaMinds concerning MegaMinds. If any portion of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining portions remain in full force and effect. If there is a conflict or ambiguity between a translated version of these terms and the English language version, the English language version applies.
11. Contact UsFor support, to provide feedback, or to report abuse of MegaMinds or violations of the Conditions of Use, you can email us at moc.sdnimagemog%40tcatnoc